Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Overly Ambitious

I'm officially out of school until August 8th.

Now, does that mean I've been sitting at home, watching movies, and drinking margaritas? How I wish that was all true! I've been at workshops, down in Juncition City, up in Fayetteville, and working on my ever-growing 'summer to-do' list.

Why, oh why am I so ambitious in my abilities? All joking aside, I really do enjoying having a list of goals/things-I'd-like-to-get-done over the summer. I know there will be the time when someone asks me what I did over summer vacation and my answer will be, "Nothing" and I will be perfectly fine with that. However, this summer is NOT that summer.

A lot of things on my summer-to-do list are home-related. I have a feeling that this summer is THE summer to get a lot of things done. If it doesn't happen in summer 2011, then it's just not going to get done. How's that for a 'go-get-um attitude?' I'm already claiming defeat before I've even begun!

Truth is, I'm trying not to be so hard on myself. I sat one night, while Micah was working, texting a friend. I was being whiny and mopey. I was complaining how I did nothing on my list that I wanted to do that day, I was super behind, everything in the house was messy, etc. I couldn't stop being a negative person. My dear friend, Alicia, responded to my whiny mass of texts by saying, "Well, write down everything you DID do today onto a list, then cross it all out." I couldn't help it---I totally laughed out loud and then smiled. That's exactly what I needed to do. I just have this unrealistic idea of what I need to do to be 'good' or 'perfect'. I need to let go of those ideals and realize that I'm perfectly wonderful the way I am and the things I'm doing are all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment