Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Holiday

Not much is going on with the Fullertons. As I write this post, my beloved Hogs were just defeated by the #1 team, LSU. One thing that my family is involved in and passionate about is the Hogs. My husband LOVES the Razorbacks. We had a great season this year, 10-2. Our losses were to the #1 team at the time, first Alabama and then LSU. It was expected by all (not the Hog fans) that we would lose, but there is always a chance for there to be a major upset. It's a bummer to end the season on a loss, but I'm so excited to hear what bowl game we will go to!

This is our first Thanksgiving as a married couple and unfortunately, we had to spend it apart. Hubby had to work nights all this week and he told me to go up with my family, since all my sisters were coming in. Since we were not going to be able to spend Thanksgiving together, we had our Thanksgiving on Sunday. I got up at 8:30 a.m. and started to cook my first turkey. I only called my mom 6 times through the whole cooking process. We had everything: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, biscuits, and pie. Super delicious! I sent Hubby back with all the leftovers so he could eat them while working hard and he loved them!

We haven't done much this break. I have been trying to work out on a more consistent basis. This week was 'make it or break it' week concerning working out. I have to do things like that for myself otherwise I'll never get the motivation to do it. I'm going to start blogging about my working out endeavors so that I can be held accountable. My biggest thing I need to work on now is just doing cardio. I will definitely have to work on portion control and what I'm eating, but for the most part my biggest thing is just not doing any cardio at all.

This morning I got up and went on a run/walk. It ended up being mostly walking, but at the end of my 3 mile trek, Dirk Nowitzki congratulated me on going more miles this week than last week. That accomplishment wasn't that hard considering that I didn't do ANY miles last week. I worked on Wednesday, so this week I've worked out two times more than last week. :)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday!!!! When I return home tomorrow, it's clean up time, and then we will finish decorating for Christmas on Monday when Hubby returns home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment